GREEN COMMUNITIES have developed excellent programs that are coordinated through the national organization and delivered together by Green Communities Canada, member organizations, and other delivery partners.
Our unique “joint program” model enables the best of both worlds:
- community-based delivery, close to where people live, leveraging local partnerships and opportunities
- national program support, including program development, research and resources, training, and senior partnerships
Follow the links for more on programs hosted by :
- Canada Walks – promoting walking and walkable communities (a culture of walking), because it’s healthy, good for the environment, sociable, and good for business. Program overview. Website. See also websites for our WALK Friendly Ontario designation program and Active & Safe Routes to School, a national movement dedicated to children’s mobility, health and happiness.
- RAIN – promotes ecological approaches to stormwater management, to reduce contaminated run-off, help prevent flooding and erosion, and ensure groundwater recharge. Program overview. Website.
- Well Aware – promotes private well stewardship to protect drinking water and groundwater supplies. Program overview. Website.
- Youth for Water – puts passion into action through a community-based experiential learning and mentorship program for Indigenous youth interested in learning how to protect our sacred water and to become water leaders. Facebook.
- EcoDriver – how we can all reduce our “ecological tireprint” by driving efficiently, choosing an efficient vehicle, and driving less. Program overview. Website.
- Home Energy Solutions – knowledgeable advice and assistance to save energy, cut bills, solve home performance problems and benefit the environment. Program overview. Website.
- Affordable Energy – tackling energy poverty by promoting home energy retrofits and bill reductions for those who can least afford to pay. Program overview. Website.