Green Communities help to conserve resources and divert waste from landfills through composting, recycling, reuse, and source reduction.
The programs offered by Green Community members organizations are community-specific, reflecting the needs of their community. To learn more about each Green Community’s waste reduction activities visit their web site.
Waste reduction initiatives offered by Green Community member organizations can include:
- Auditing waste and developing waste reduction plans for small businesses
- Implementing multi-residential recycling and composting
- Distributing backyard composters and conducting composting workshops
- Operating reuse centres
- Conducting seasonal or item-specific collections, such as Halloween pumpkin drives
- Providing school children with waste reduction workshops