Get a home energy evaluation
A professional home energy evaluation from Green Communities will provide you with trusted advice about reducing your energy bills, improving comfort, and solving home performance problems like ice dams. You may be eligible for financial incentives. (See below.)
You’ll also do your bit to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts.
Together with our local member organizations across Ontario, we offer science-based home energy evaluations to measure your home’s current efficiency, and outline priority investments for increasing your rating and reducing energy consumption.
Green Communities Canada is licensed by Natural Resources Canada to use the EnerGuide Rating System, Canada’s advanced system to rate home performance and provide recommendations customized for your home.
We’re Ontario’s first and most experienced EnerGuide provider. We’ve been in the business for over two decades, and we have helped over 200,000 homeowners improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
Get up to $5000 in incentives
Ontario homeowners, are eligible for up to $5000 in incentives for completed home energy retrofits.
Incentives are distributed by Ontario’s two gas companies, and are available regardless of heating source and location. We can help you whether you live in Enbridge Home Energy Conservation territory or Union Gas Home Reno Rebate territory.
The first step in getting your cash incentive is to get a professional evaluation or audit from a Registered Energy Advisor. Contact your local office for more information (see below). You can also contact the Green Communities Canada office if you aren’t sure about your local provider.
Here’s who to contact if you live in the following areas:
- Hamilton, Niagara, Brantford, Haldimand, Norfolk: email Green Venture; 905-540-8787 x115; 1-866-540-8866.
- Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Guelph, Wellington, Perth: email REEP Green Solutions; 519-744-9799 x1, 1-855-744-7337.
- Greater Toronto Area: email Windfall Centre; 1-866-280-4431.
- Barrie, Orillia, Muskoka, Simcoe, Dufferin, Grey & Bruce Counties: email Environment Network; 705-446-0551, 1-866-377-0551.
- Peterborough and the Kawarthas, Port Hope, Cobourg, Belleville:email GreenUP; 705-745-3238 x222, 1-855-1100 x4.
- Kingston & Prince Edward County: email Red Squirrel Conservation Services; 613-547-8122.
- Smiths Falls, Lanark, Leeds and Grenville: email Rideau Environmental Action League; 613-864-3099, 1-855-640-1100 x5.
- North Bay, Timiskaming, Timmins, Cochrane:email Baerg’s Home Performance Solutions; 705-648-0296, 1-855-640-1100 x7
- Thunder Bay and the Northwest: email EcoSuperior; 807-624-2140
Or call Green Communities Canada: 1-855-640-1100 x0.