ORGANIZATIONS ARE invited to support the National Action Strategy for Walking, a
new initiative that will establish a pan-national voice for walking and pick up the pace of action for creating walkable communities.
To date, 34 national, provincial, and local organizations have provided a letter of support endorsing the vision statement and declaring their interest in participating.
See sample letter of support.
The National Action Strategy for Walking is a collaborative campaign coordinated by Green Communities Canada (Canada Walks). Membership is diverse, including national organizations like the Heart and Stroke Foundation and local groups from across the country.
“Every other mode of transportation has a collective voice. It’s time for us to step up and ensure effective representation for Canada’s walking movement,” said Clifford Maynes, Executive Director of Green Communities Canada.
The National Action Strategy for Walking will:
- engage government decision-makers in adopting supportive policies and infrastructure investments
- help local organizations promote walking and walkability in their communities
- facilitate information-sharing and networking
- address research and resource needs
- hold Canada’s first national walking summit in September 2017