GCC’s BOARD of Directors met at the end of September, welcoming four new members appointed at the 2016 AGM.
Joining the Board are
- Tracy Hucul, Executive Director of the Green Action Centre (Winnipeg)
- Alec Ross, Executive Director of Red Squirrel Conservation Services (Kingston)
- Kate Taylor, Director of Projects, Aki Energy (Winnipeg)
- Lucy Cummings, Executive Director, Faith and the Common Good (Toronto)
The new members bring a wide range of skills and expertise to the Board:
- Tracy Hucul has 16 years of management experience in the public and non-profit sectors. Prior to joining Winnipeg’s Green Action Centre, she was General Manager of Winnipeg’s West End Cultural Centre, and a Program Manager with the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- Alec Ross is an award winning writer with more than 25 years’ experience in journalism, consulting, and academic and non-profit corporate communications and management.
- Kate Taylor worked as GCC’s Affordable Energy coordinator prior to joining Aki Energy Inc., an Aboriginal social enterprise working with First Nations to build community-owned and locally installed renewable energy systems in Manitoba. She has a Masters Certification in Project Management from the Schulich School of Business.
- Lucy Cummings works with diverse faith communities to build greener, healthier, more sustainable and resilient neighbourhoods. She speaks Mandarin Chinese and was a professor of global politics at the University of Hong Kong.
Also serving on GCC’s Board of Directors are: Chris Birchall (Chair); Dave Blake (Treasurer); Paul-Antoine Troxler (Secretary); and Directors Ellen Mortfield, David MacIsaac, Stephanie Crocker, and Kevin Behan.