2012 HAS BEEN a big year for changes on the Green Communities Canada national Board of Directors.
Three Board members departed: Bruce Pearce (2003), David Poch (2003), and Melanie Watt (2009). Bruce, David, and Melanie were thanked at the annual conference with Stellar Board Member awards.
Two new directors were welcomed on at the March Board meeting:
- Shaun Loney, Winnipeg, MB. Executive Director, BUILD (Warm-Up Winnipeg). See full profile.
- Chris Birchall, Victoria, BC. Affordable Housing Program Coordinator, City Green Solutions. See full profile.
At the May 2012 Annual General Meeting, Green Communities Canada member organizations voted in two new members to our national board of directors:
- Elizabeth Weir, St. John, NB, is currently a Research Fellow in Residence with the Urban and Community Studies Institute at the University of New Brunswick. See full profile.
- David MacIsaac, Halifax, NS, is Transportation Demand Management Program Supervisor at Halifax Regional. See full profile.
Also at the 2012 AGM, two existing Board members were reappointed to three year terms.
- Paul-Antoine Troxler, Montreal, QC, first appointed in 2009, is interim director of the Environment and Leadership Department at the Conférence régionale des élus de Montréal. See full profile.
- Joy Kennedy, Toronto, ON, first appointed in 2009, is Program Coordinator, Poverty, Wealth and Ecological Justice, for The United Church of Canada. See full profile.