GREEN COMMUNITIES Canada and its members are non-profit organizations, working to create a green and healthy future for all with:
- clean air, water, and soils
- renewable and efficient use of energy and other resources
- healthy habitats and ecosystems
Our core beliefs and values:
- Sustainable communities can be achieved through positive action and innovative solutions.
- Sustainability is a better way to live, with benefits for people as well as the environment, including health, comfort, safety, conviviality, reduced conflict, and rewarding work.
- Everyone has a responsibility to act. Everyone can be part of the solution.
- Sustainability begins at home, where we live, work, learn, and play. Building on this foundation, we believe in working together to achieve systemic changes in government policy and law, institutions, markets and corporate practices, and culture and social norms.
- Nations like Canada, which have achieved prosperity through conventional forms of industrialization, have a responsibility to lead the transition to a new paradigm – a green economy in which the needs of the environment are integrated into our way of life, production, and consumption.
Green Communities uphold values of:
- fairness and impartiality
- broad-based partnership and collaboration